Hi! You are doing wonderful Ciiku.
ION, you keep mentioning reading as a way to find yourself, and ultimately loving yourself. are there any reads you would recommend? I am turning 30 in 2 years and this is a gift I would want to give myself by then.
First of all, thank you so much for saying that. I am really grateful.
I really took it as a challenge to get you some things to read and this list is not exhaustive at all. I assume you follow me on twitter because I usually share more on there.
Books – Only gonna suggest 5 off the top of my head
- So long a letter – Miriam Ba
- Joys of Motherhood – Buchi Emecheta
- Half of a Yellow Sun – Chimamanda N Adichie
- salt – nayyirah waheed
- Sister Outsider – Audre Lorde
Links – Took more time with these ones
- Beauty is Broken
- Becoming Ugly
- Hunger makes me
- George Saunders’s Advice to Graduates
- Girls Who Steal
What Women Don’t Say ( Also check out her “How to make dreams come true” essay)
- The female price of male pleasure
- The Snarling Girl