Music that made my 2019 is a series of posts regarding music that stood out, music that was released this year, music that I enjoyed. This can be singles, full length albums, EP and even videos that made me happy.
1. Album – Aaron Abernathy – Epilogue. Stand out song “Lonely Nights.” He gives me Prince vibes I don’t know why.
2. Album – BJ the Chicago Kid – 1123. Stand out song “Feel the Vibe.” His live shows look like such a vibe.
3. Song – Samoht – I’m Not God. Listen to the lyrics to this song.
4. Song – PJ Morton feat. JoJo – Say So. Jojo made this song. Wow.
5. Song – Mark Ronson – Don’t Leave Me Lonely ft. YEBBA. This is one of my most favourite songs out this year.
6. Song – Yola – Faraway Look ( Only found this because of the Jools Holland show)
7. Song and Video – Lizzo – Tempo (feat. Missy Elliott) – I’ve been known to sing “I’m a thick bitch, I need tempo” quite loudly.
8. Song and Video – Adekunle Gold – Kelegbe Megbe (Know Your Level). Ok first of all, I really enjoy Adekunle Gold – this video is fun.
9. Album – Emily King – Scenery. I have always enjoyed Emily King so I was happy about a new album. This song is such a vibe and the lyrics? Whew.
10. Song – Simi – Mind Your Bizness ft. Falz. This is relatable content right here.
Remember to follow my 2019 Faves playlist.