Music that made my 2019 is a series of posts regarding music that stood out, music that was released this year, music that I enjoyed. This can be singles, full length albums, EP and even videos that made me happy.
21. Song/Album/Video Samthing Soweto – Akulaleki. First of all, the change in hairdo makes Samthing Soweto look like an absolute snack. Also stream Isphithiphithi.
22. Album/Song/Video SiR – Hair Down. Honestly I could put ANY of his videos here and they would be a vibe. But his Colors performance????? A fucking vibe.
23. Song/Video – Gallant – Sharpest Edges and Sleep on it. Gallant remains a fave and he blessed me this year.
24. Album – Sinead Harnett –Lessons in Love. Go ahead white queen singing R&B. Album is regular rotation can’t even lie. Current fave song is Lessons.
25. Song: Ayrosh – Commoni. Make it a point to catch this song done live.
26. Album: Blue Ticks and Kisses – The Nest Collective.
(There are no YouTube videos. But this EP is legit one of the most beautiful things that came out this year. Fave is “Stuck on You” and “Slow Down“)
27. Song: JoJo- Joanna. This song is so honest. It makes me feel things.
28. Song/Video: Karun – Glow Up. What is there not to love. I love her voice and vibe.
29. Album/Song: Lucky Daye – Karma. Firstly, I like this sample of Pony and then I found this guy through the Tiny Desk Concert. Also, get into the album “Painted”
30. Songs: Chris Kaiga – Bundas, Zimenice, Niko On. No explanation needed.