I have Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom and have had these numbers for over a decade.
I also have a JTL line but that one is for an internet modem so it doesn’t count towards this post and also it doesn’t have issues as far as I can tell for the years I have had it except the fact that they need more coverage in the country.
In short, I know what I am talking about.
- The number of promotional texts is ridiculous. And even if you unsubscribe it does nothing, you still get them.
- Airtel internet is the biggest joke ever. It is so slow. Honestly people who use Airtel as their primary internet provider have patience.
- Their customer services is terrible.
- Not enough people have it. If more people were on Telkom I would use it the most.
- It irks me to no end how they try and make it seem like they are reasonably priced. They are not. Kwanza when I get that bonus text it annoys me.
- MPESA is too expensive – please don’t tell me about convenience etc etc. The fact remains.
I am just going to come out and say, I mainly use Safaricom because almost everyone uses it including MPESA and even government services (did you know you can only use the Nairobi County parking USSD on Safaricom?) – A monopoly of sorts.
But if I was asked – Telkom is a better provider. I said what I said.