Have you ever watched something on Netflix and been like “What is this?”?
This was me when I watched Dream Home Makeover.
I mean, we have seen the formula many times, a couple doing home makeovers and to be honest, there are many that are absolutely great and entertaining, Chip and Joanna Gaines for example.
However, I have never seen such a bland couple devoid of personality before on a home make over show.
I am truly surprised it was picked up for a second season because
- It is cringe worthy in the sense that instead of even talking about the design elements they are actually blabbering. We never get to see why certain decisions were made and whatnot as if they are scared people will steal their ideas.
- The couple has no personality outside of an Instagram and pinterest aesthetic.
- Their designs lack personality. The end product often looks like a staged house as opposed to a house that people will live in.
Let me not even get started on another show “Virgin River” which is basically Dr Quinn Medicine Woman interspersed with Gilmore Girls redux.
There is too many stories out there for Netflix to be doing this surely.
Have you watched this documentary on Netflix? I did over the weekend and I have some thoughts. Spoiler Alert obviously.
- Of course Capitalism is motivating all these nefarious things that tech companies decide to do. Money talks etc.
- The part where that one dude said that we are all lab rats but not in doing something like curing cancer. But we all know that because of capitalism, there is no interest in curing cancer…. Just in treating it because then people spend more money. CAPITALISM.
- Turning off notifications was the best thing I ever did in addition to leaving Twitter and Facebook.
And now, some questions:
- To what extent, as a percentage, is your social media curated? How do you decide what to share and whose content you want to see?
- Do you use social media to affect/influence people? Like posting certain things to elicit responses from specific people etc?
- What do you do when you feel you are addicted to social media?
- In what ways does social media affect your sense of self and worth?
- Which of your biases are being confirmed by your social media feed?
- Are you aware of which of your behaviours have been affected by social media tech?
- Do you feel manipulated?
- How long can you stay without your phone?