Tedd Josiah was a staple of the music industry back in the day and he produced one of my most favourite Kenyan songs (which features in this list of course). This was initially going to be titled Top 10 Blue Zebra songs since that was the label I associated him with but I found out a lot as I was doing research for this post hence the title I went with.
Also, I think a very detailed profile of this man needs to happen…. he knows a lot and there is definitely something that happened because some of the music he produced is not found online which made this post really hard to do.
Now, onto the list:
- Gidigidi Majimaji – Unbwogable – I mean, it deserves a mention because it is a big song.
- Hardstone – Uhiki – I know, I know – it should be top 10 BUT this is MY list so yeah, honorable mention.
- Suzanna Owiyo – Kisumu 100
10. Nameless – Megarider
9. Darlin’ P – 4 in 1
Listen, I had to ask if this song was produced by Tedd Josiah. If you do not know this song, are you Kenyan?
8. Wicky Mosh – Atoti
How many of you do not know this song? Did you know Tedd Josiah produced it?
7. Shaz O Black – Serengeti Groove
This song is not online but you have to believe me when I say it is dope.
6. Necessary Noize – Da Di Da
This album is an iconic Kenyan album for many reasons and this song ranks pretty high for me.
5. Kalamashaka – Tafsiri Hii
4. Suzanna Owiyo – Atieno Sandore
If you have a chance to watch Suzanna Owiyo live, do it! She needs all the flowers, recognition… ALL OF IT!!
3. Hardstone – Msichana Mwafrika
WITH SHADZ O BLACK ON BACKING VOCALS.
2. Didge – Saa Zingine
Listen, I could put Kita Ngoma because both these songs SLAP. Also this song is probably on my top 20 most favourite Kenyan songs ever (I have no clue why the official video was scrapped from YouTube.)
1. Kalamashaka ft Nikki – Songa Hapa
The skit at the beginning, the rap, the lyrics…. This song is perfect.
“Niwe wako black Julius Caesar”
A motherfucking jam.
Which is your favourite Tedd Josiah song? Did you even know he produced some of these tracks? Tweet me @AskCiiku