Music that made my 2019 is a series of posts regarding music that stood out, music that was released this year, music that I enjoyed. This can be singles, full length albums, EP and even videos that made me happy.
11. Song: D’Angelo – Unshaken – As I told Shiku, this song gives me hope. One of my faves of this year.
12. Album: Mahalia – Love and Compromise . What a lovely album all round.
13. Song: Mahalia – Grateful – How this song didn’t make it onto the album I don’t understand. A vibe. Another fave.
14. Song/EP: Amaal – Later. Don’t even remember how I stumbled onto this but goodness – a fan
15. Song: Mortimer – Lightning. This was such a random vibe but isn’t it a jam?
16. Song/Video Ari Lennox – BMO. I am always happy when my favourite song in an album gets a video treatment.
17. Video/Song: Dj Maphorisa x Kabza De Small ft Mhaw Keys – Koko. I am here for the movement known as amapiano.
18. Song/Album/Video – TRESOR – Sondela ft. Msaki. What isn’t there to love?
19. Song: Free Nationals & Chronixx – Eternal Light. The most vibiest of songs tbh
20. Song: Vallerie Muthoni – Spicy SZN ft. TAIO & LE RU. There was a day I woke up singing this song.